CBD Oil and Seizures in Dogs (the best treatment?) – Dog Health Vet Advice
Can you use CBD oil to treat seizures and epilepsy in dogs? If so how do you give it and what dose of CBD oil should you use?
If you’re looking for quality CBD oil with independent analysis and free shipping across the US then check these pet products out – greengoatdotes.idevaffiliate.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=152&url=19
– Need to try and determine the causes of the seizures – organ disease, infections, poisoning, brain lesions, epilepsy
– When to start treatment if epilepsy – 2 or more seizures in 6 months – certainly more than 1 a month, not recovering between seizures, severe seizure or prolonged recovery
If not epilepsy then need to try and address underlying cause as often don’t respond as well to anti-seizure medication alone
– Need to pick best anti-seizure medication
With some drugs like phenobarbital and imepitoin we know how effective they can be and what to expect with long term administration. With CBD oil research into its use to control seizures is in the early stages, there are currently no published studies detailing how effective it is, although these are starting to be run.
– Why try a drug we don’t know much about or how well it works over other drugs that we know work in a large number of patients?
phenobarbital – youtu.be/Iral3UWbfEQ
treatment of epilepsy and seizures – youtu.be/0NqJi32Asvs
epilepsy in dogs facts – youtu.be/2E8JlRMt_vk
CBD oil in the treatment of seizures, anxiety, arthritis, and cancer – youtu.be/KnUj9R9Mv3s
Get your question answered at dralexanswers.com
Check out all my free downloads and resources: ourpetshealth.com/resources
Subscribe to the channel: goo.gl/CRZKwq
– all opinions are my own, sponsors are acknowledged. Links in description are typically affiliate links that let you help support the channel at no extra cost.
– We are a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
– Music from Jukedeck – create your own at jukedeck.com
– The information is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only and does not constitute specific vet advice for any individual cat, dog or other animal of any species.
for more information head over to OurPetsHealth.com